Evacuation from abroad

Seek compensation

Evacuation from abroad

The travel insurance covers evacuation from an area when the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) issues an evacuation advice and advises Norwegian citizens to travel in the area this summer, to return home as soon as possible. If you are traveling and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs advises against traveling to the area you are staying in while you are there, the travel insurance does not cover evacuation unless an evacuation advice is also issued. On the basis of the evacuation council, the travel insurance covers the additional expenses to the nearest safe destination or to the place of residence in Norway.

What can travel insurance cover if you have to go home?

  • Additional travel expenses that you will not be reimbursed by the airline / tour operator, provided that you follow the evacuation advice as soon as possible.
  • Compensation for interrupted holiday.

This is not covered by the travel insurance

  • Additional evacuation costs are not covered for return journeys that were not booked as soon as possible after the Foreign Ministry's travel advice was given.
  • Costs incurred before the travel advice was issued.

What does the airline/tour operator cover?

  • If prepaid return / hotel is canceled, you are entitled to a refund from the airline / tour operator / hotel.
  • If prepaid return / hotel has not been canceled, you must first investigate the possibility of rebooking the return trip / cancel hotel with the airline / tour operator / hotel.

How do you report the case to us?

Apply for compensation by reporting your case to us online.

Have this in hand when applying for compensation

  • BankID/BankID on mobile
  • If you have a family insurance and you are also going to apply for compensation for others in the family, you must have their social security number
  • If you are going to report damage to a family insurance that you do not own yourself, or to a travel insurance that is owned by a company, you must have the agreement number
  • Overview/receipts of your additional expenses that you want reimbursed